Here at Louder we look forward to all the Black Friday bargains, but for a few of us on the team, it's the Black Friday headphones deals that always get us really excited. And even though Black Friday might seem like a long way off, the headphones sales will begin dropping in before we know it - so we're here to help prepare you for the annual sales event in advance and help steer you in the direction of some stellar deals.
We'll be highlighting all the Black Friday headphones deals that catch our eye right here, everything from the latest Bluetooth over-ear headphones and earbuds to money off budget wireless headphones and buds that are ideal for gym or running sessions.
But if you're new to Black Friday and want to know more, here's the lowdown: Once a US-focused sales event, Black Friday has spread its wings across the globe and is a day where stores and online retailers slash their prices the day after the US celebrates Thanksgiving. Not only will you see massive Black Friday headphones deals, you'll also find bargains on everything from speakers and vinyl box sets, to guitars, laptops, Amazon products and more.
While we won't see many of the Black Friday headphones deals until the day itself, we fully expect prices to start coming down in the weeks before. So if you're after a new pair of headphones, keep this page bookmarked as we'll be constantly updating it with all the latest headphone bargains.
US quick links
- Amazon (US) | Shop all latest wireless headphones deals
- Best Buy | Big savings on top-brand headphones
- Bose | Shop all the latest Bose bargains
- Marshall | Browse all Marshall's headphones
- Target | Explore savings on the biggest headphones brands
- Walmart | Great savings on headphones
UK quick links
- Amazon (UK) | Shop the latest Amazon headphones deals
- AO | From AirPods to Beats, get all the latest deals
- Argos | Explore all the latest headphones and earphones deals
- Bose | Check out the latest headphone offers from Bose
- Currys | Get top prices on Beats, JBL, Marshall and more
- John Lewis | Big savings on premium brands including Bose, Apple and Sony
- Marshall | Explore Marshall's range of headphones
- Very.co.uk | Major savings on headphones from Beats, Samsung and more
While the main Black Friday headphones deals are still to hit the online store shelves, there are some cracking bargains you can grab right now if you can't wait. Below, you'll find three of my top picks.
JLab Go Air: Were
$30, now $17.99
JLab’s earbuds offer superb bang for your buck, and there’s 40% off these in-ears at Amazon. They offer True Wireless performance with 5 hours of battery - and 15 more with the charging pack - and they have a IP44 sweat resistance rating. For less than 20 bucks, you can’t go wrong.
Sennheiser Momentum 4: Were
$379.99, now $260.99
Not only can you save $119 on the Sennheiser Momentum 4 over at BestBuy, but you’ll also get four free months of Amazon Music Unlimited and a free four month sub to SiriusXM. Both subscription offers are for new subs, but even if you already have these services, $119 off is still a great deal.
When do the Black Friday headphone deals start?
As always, Black Friday takes place the day after Thanksgiving in the US and this year it'll take place on November 24. That's the day when you can expect to see the majority of Black Friday headphones deals begin to roll in. However, we've been covering Black Friday for a number of years here at Louder and in the past we've seen the bargains begin to barge in way before the day itself - sometimes even as early as mid-late October.
And while the Black Friday headphones deals will take centre stage on this page, the price drops are likely to continue throughout the Black Friday weekend and straight into Cyber Monday on November 27. We'll be keeping our eyes open for all the tasty deals and we'll bring them to you right here when we see them.
What headphones deals should I expect to see?
While we don't know exactly what's going to be on sale when the Black Friday headphones deals blast off, if previous years are anything to go by, then we have a pretty good idea at the brands you're likely to see discounted. In the past we've seen headphones by Sony, Bose, Apple, JBL, Marshall, Sennheiser, Skullcandy, Bowers & Wilkins, Philips, Beats and Samsung have their prices slashed - so hopes are high we'll see similar this year.
And with so many manufacturers updating their core range of headphones, we could see big savings on older models along with money off the most up-to-date headphones. We'll be all over the best deals and will publish our favourites right here and on our Black Friday music deals guide.
How to prepare
Putting things in place to make your Black Friday experience go smoother is always a good thing, so we've got a few tips to make your shopping trip a little easier.
1. Make a list: Like many people, I'm looking to buy a new pair of headphones this Black Friday, so I've been writing down several models I'm interested in - just so I don't forget. Some online retailers also have a list function built into their sites, and these really come into their own on and around Black Friday. It's also a great way to see at a glance how much you'll be saving once the price drops are in full swing.
2. Sell older products: If you've got your heart set on a new pair of headphones, then it might be an idea to sell off your older models in advance. This should net you some money ahead of the Black Friday headphones deals and will lessen the blow to your wallet.
3. Don't forget about refurbished models: Grabbing the very latest headphones from your favourite brand might be tempting, but sometimes the costs involved can be pretty high. With this in mind, many online retailers offer refurbished models for a great price - and the cost of some of these can even be knocked down around Black Friday. Check the sites to see if you can get your hands on refurb headphones before adding the brand new ones to your basket.
4. Older doesn't mean worse: Audio firms are always upgrading their core range of headphones, but stop and consider if the latest model is really worth it over previous versions. Check the specs to see what extras you're getting for your money and take note how two different models from the same company compare.
For example, Sony's latest WH-1000XM5 headphones might be on your mind, but the older WH-1000XM4 are still an awesome (and cheaper) pair of headphones. The older model also fold away, which the WH-1000XM5 don't - so if you travel a lot with your headphones, this might be your preferred option.
How we choose products
We review a lot of headphones at Louder and we put them through their paces by testing them while listening to a variety of bands spanning a bunch of musical genres. We often test them side by side with other models to see how they stack up and we always have our ears open to how they perform, how comfy they are and if they offer good value for money. As a result, we won't recommend some models if they don't come up to scratch.
Why you can trust us
At Louder, we’ve been covering big sales events such as Black Friday and Amazon Prime Day for a number of years and have created dozens of buyer's guides and reviews which have been compiled by our team of experts and enthusiasts.
We don't test headphones in a studio or custom-built music room - we test headphones when we're out and about: on the streets, out on evening runs, in the gym, in our living rooms and on public transport. We feel this gives a more accurate look at how headphones perform out in the world.
We also give pros and cons for products in our buyer’s guides, while all our headphones reviews feature a couple of alternative options to give you as much choice as possible.
Last year's highlights
Black Friday last year was a brilliant time for those looking to pick up a new set of headphones, with prices slashed left, right and centre on both sides of the Atlantic. Here's a pick of some of our favourite deals from last November.
More Black Friday content
- Black Friday music deals: Everything you need to know
- Black Friday speaker deals: Wireless, smart and hi-fi bargains
- Black Friday vinyl deals: Prepare to spin a box set bargain
- Black Friday record player deals: Get up to speed on this year's deals
- Black Friday alcohol deals: Get ready to find a perfect pour
- Black Friday Marshall deals: Get ready for speakers and headphones deals
- Black Friday camping deals: Prepare for next year's festival season
- Black Friday streaming deals: Full stream ahead for Black Friday