While the Louder team enjoy bringing you all the latest tech, headphones, speakers and turntable deals, we also love picking out a great Black Friday alcohol deal and pointing you in its direction. Yes, we're still some way from seeing the big deals start to pop, but were here to help prepare you in advance for the sales where we can expect to see chunks of change lopped off whisky, gin, bourbon, beer, tequila, wine and more.
But before we give you all the information you need ahead of the Black Friday alcohol deals, here's a bit of background info about the day itself. Black Friday kicks off annually the day after Thanksgiving and it's a time when online retailers and stores cut their prices. Not only is it the perfect time to grab a bottle or two for less ahead of the festive season, but it's an ideal opportunity to save a fistful of cash on that special bottle you've been holding off buying.
But while we’re waiting for the bargains to pour in, we’ve noticed that Amazon are currently selling the much-loved Lagavulin 16 with 14% off, taking it down from £76.50 to £65.80. This is a good price for this Islay single malt and takes the cost a bit closer to its price a few years ago before distillery owners Diageo cranked the price way up.
Keep this page bookmarked because we'll be highlighting all the best Black Friday alcohol deals leading up to the main event and right through the big sales weekend in November.
- Amazon | Pour yourself a great deal on alcohol
- The Whisky Exchange: Everyday drinkers to rare bottles
- Waitrose | Wine, spirits, beer, fizz and more
- John Lewis | Gin, whisky, wine and more
- Firebox | From Jaffa Cake gin to spiced rum and more
- BrewDog | Pop open cold one from a huge range of craft beers
- PerfectDraft | Beer Hawk's changed its name - buy kegs
- Sainsbury's | Get stocked up on your favourite alcohol
- Morrison's | Get the party started
- Tesco | Big deals on spirits and more
- Flavourly | Craft beer delivered to your door
- Drinkwell | Low-carb ales, cider and beer
Although the Black Friday alcohol deals haven't started yet, you can still pick up a bottle or two right now for some very good prices. I've picked out three deals that are currently running that I think are well worth your time.
Jura Bourbon Cask: Was
£36, now £23
I bought a bottle of this on recommendation and thoroughly enjoyed my time with it. The ex-bourbon maturation really comes through and makes this Jura an easy-going, start of the night sipper. For 23 notes, it gets a big thumbs up from me.
Bathtub gin: Was
£35.95, now £25
This gin has become a favourite thanks to its robust flavours and thoroughly decent ABV of 43.3%. It packs in botanicals such as orange peel cardamom and coriander, makes a mean cocktail and the bottle is pretty cool. There’s 30% off a 70cl bottle now at Amazon.
Cotswolds whisky: Was
£45, now £37.50
There are so many great English single malts out there that picking a favourite is pretty hard but the stuff coming out of Cotswolds distillery is right up there. This is their standard core release and it’s a top drop. Don’t go sleeping on English whisky - it’s worth a deep dive. Save 17% at Amazon.
When do the Black Friday alcohol deals start?
Black Friday takes place the day after Thanksgiving and that means this year it'll take place on November 24. That's the day when you can expect to see the majority of Black Friday alcohol deals begin to pour in. That said, we've been covering Black Friday for several years and we expect to see more deals come in way before the 24th.
We'll be hand-picking all the best Black Friday alcohol deals on this page and expect the deals to continue right the way through the Black Friday weekend and into Cyber Monday on November 27.
What alcohol deals will I expect to see?
We're still waiting for the Black Friday alcohol deals to come in, but after covering Black Friday for a number of years, we have a pretty good idea about what we're likely to see. We expect price cuts on alcohol from all over the world including Lagavulin, Talisker, Clynelish, Bunnahbhain, Jura, Deanston, Johnnie Walker, Hinch, Green Spot, Woodford, Jack Daniel's, Wild Turkey, Kraken, El Dorado, Dead Man's Fingers, Hendrick's, Gordon's and more.
BrewDog usually have offers on beer at the end of November on both sides of the Atlantic, while whisky lovers should keep their eye on The Whisky Exchange because they always have a special Black Friday bottle that usually goes on sale at 6am BST on Black Friday itself. It's always kept under wraps until it's available to buy and all of them so far have been excellent drams. Well worth getting up early for.
How to prepare
In the weeks leading up to the big Black Friday alcohol deals dropping, a bit of forward planning can go a long way to help you secure a great deal. Here's a few tips.
1. Make a list: I'll be buying a few bottles around the Black Friday sales, so I've already started a list of stuff that I want to see reduced in price. Several online alcohol retailers let you create a wish list and I've always used this to mark bottles I'd like to get at some point in the future. Given batch releases and single casks, not everything will still be available in a few months time, but with my Black Friday list, I've decided to keep a more general selection to see if prices drop. It's also a great way to instantly see how much you could save.
2. Set a budget: Despite the instinct to instantly add a bottle or two to your shopping basket, it's worth holding back to make sure that whatever you buy is within your budget. I find that with so many products available at reduced prices on Black Friday, it can be easy to lose track. I tend to put a small amount of money aside in the months leading up to the sales and when they arrive, I know exactly how much I can afford to spend. This also focuses my buying decisions and makes the whole experience easier to manage. Also check the shipping costs involved.
3. Shop around: At the top of this page, you'll find a number of quick links that take you straight to an online retailer. No matter what you're buying, some sites will have better prices, so it's worthwhile exploring a variety of sites before spending your cash. We'll also be posting the best deals right here so you don't miss a beat on Black Friday.
How we choose products
The Louder team will always bring you bargains we think are worth your time and we won't be punting any old bottle your way. We know the good quality alcohol products from the not to good and our eyes are always on products that excite us - and bottles we think will excite you too.
Why you can trust us
The staff involved in this guide to the best Black Friday alcohol deals are enthusiastic about the taste and smell of spirits, beer and wine, and have years of experience through attending whisky festivals, private tastings and club events. We've also made YouTube appearances on the subject of alcohol and regularly take part in alcohol-based podcasts.
We'll give you good advice and great deals on products we'll be buying ourselves and avoiding run-of-the-mill stuff that won't give you proper bang for your buck.
Last year's highlights
Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban: Was
£64.29, now £45
Glenmorangie’s whisky had a rebrand last year which is still splitting opinion. Thankfully, the bottle contents remain magic - and this is one of their best-loved. Matured in a mixture of ex-bourbon and port casks, this is a decadent and tasty drop and was on sale through Amazon.
Talisker 10: Was
£44, now £28
Talisker’s owners Diageo came under fire for bumping the price of the Talisker 18 to a ridiculous three-figure sum last year, but this deal on the 10 year old at Amazon proved the world hadn't gone completely mad. Less than 30 notes for a classic single malt was hard to beat.
Isle Of Raasay: Was
£60.95, now £51.80
Isle Of Raasay are one of Scotland’s newer distilleries and are doing amazing things. This is lightly peated spirit but there’s added complexity from the use of rye whiskey, fresh Chinkapin and first-fill Bordeaux red wine casks. The bottle is possibly the best in whisky too. You could grab it at Amazon last year with a nice discount.
Philips PerfectDraft Pro bundle: Was
£419, now £279
The PerfectDraft from Philips guarantees you a chilled pour of your favourite beer or cider every time and is top of our list of best home beer dispensers. Last year at Beer Hawk (now called PerfectDraft) were selling the PerfectDraft Pro Stella Artois Starter Bundle for just £278.90 - £140 less than its usual price.
The Botanist Islay Gin: Was
£37, now £27.99
If you’re looking for something a little different, give this gin a whirl. Distilled at the famous Bruichladdich distillery on Islay (better known for its excellent whisky), The Botanist uses 22 botanicals from the island which results in a truly unique gin. You could buy this on sale from Amazon last November.
More Black Friday content
- Black Friday music deals: Everything you need to know
- Black Friday vinyl deals: Prepare to spin a box set bargain
- Black Friday record player deals: Get up to speed on this year's deals
- Black Friday headphones deals: What to expect this Black Friday
- Black Friday Marshall deals: Get ready for speakers and headphones deals
- Black Friday camping deals: Prepare for next year's festival season
- Black Friday streaming deals: Full stream ahead for Black Friday