While the Louder team enjoy bringing you all the latest tech, headphones, speakers and turntable deals, we also love picking out a great Black Friday alcohol deal and pointing you in its direction. And the good news is that even though Black Friday is over until next November, the drink discounts continue to pour in - and there will be even more coming in our Cyber Monday alcohol deals page..
So let’s kick things off with a top whisky deal, because Amazon have cut the price of Laphroaig 10 by £14 - taking the price of a 70cl bottle down from £43 to £29. This Islay bruiser has a phenolic profile that divides opinion, but for me, it’s a distinctive flavour that hits the spot. Next up there’s 25% off a case of 24 x 2cl Jägermeister minis. Amazon have slashed the price from £37.97 to £28.56. This is a good way of sharing your Jägermeister love - and a top choice if you’re looking for a wee stocking filler.
The Whisky Exchange is a world famous alcohol retailer - and they're in on the Black Friday action and have launched their annual sale. They've discounted a total of 181 products including whisky, bourbon, rum, Irish whiskey, gin, Champagne and more.
And they have an exclusive limited edition Black Friday bottle - a 15 year old Glenkinchie. There are only 2000 bottles available and once they're gone, they're gone for good.
- Amazon | Pour yourself a great deal on alcohol
- The Whisky Exchange: Everyday drinkers to rare bottles
- Waitrose | Wine, spirits, beer, fizz and more
- John Lewis | Gin, whisky, wine and more
- Firebox | From Jaffa Cake gin to spiced rum and more
- BrewDog | Pop open cold one from a huge range of craft beers
- PerfectDraft | Beer Hawk's changed its name - buy kegs
- Sainsbury's | Get stocked up on your favourite alcohol
- Morrison's | Get the party started
- Tesco | Big deals on spirits and more
- Flavourly | Craft beer delivered to your door
- Drinkwell | Low-carb ales, cider and beer
The Whisky Exchange Black Friday sale
The Whisky Exchange have kicked off their annual sale in style by offering 181 savings on whisky, bourbon, rum, Irish whiskey, gin, Champagne and more. It’s a great time to stock up on some of your favourites and some of the prices are amazing!
Jura Bourbon Cask:
Was £36, now £24
I bought a bottle of this on recommendation and thoroughly enjoyed my time with it. The ex-bourbon maturation really comes through and makes this Jura an easy-going, start of the night sipper. For less than £25 at Amazon, it gets a big thumbs up from me.
Was £48, now £30
Talisker 18 is sadly out of reach these days because of its ridiculous price. Take my advice and stick to the ever-dependable Talisker 10 instead. This is often on offer - and Amazon have cut 38% off the list price for Black Friday.
Was £39.50, now £31.70
There’s a 20% saving on Writer’s Tears at Amazon. It’s one of my go-to drams when I’m after a drop of Irish whiskey because, while presented at only 40%, it has a magical mouthfeel which belies its lower ABV. It also helps that it tastes great neat or in a cocktail. There's also a cask strength version, but it's eye-wateringly expensive, so avoid and stick with this for the best bang for your buck.
Jameson Black Barrel:
Was £37.69, now £28.99
This pack includes a 70cl bottle of the popular Jameson Irish whiskey along with two glasses. The Black Barrel is a cut above the standard Jameson - and this would make an ideal Christmas gift. Buy from Amazon.
Jagermeister 24 x 2cl:
Was £37.97, now £28.56
What’s better than a drop of Jagermeister? 24 drops of Jagermeister, that’s what! Amazon have 25% off the price of this case containing 24 x 2cl Jagermeister minis - a neat stocking filler for rockers.
The Botanist Islay Gin:
Was £37, now £29.49
If you’re looking for something a little different, give this gin a whirl. Distilled at the famous Bruichladdich distillery on Islay (better known for its excellent whisky), The Botanist uses 22 botanicals from the island which results in a truly unique gin. Grab a bottle at Amazon with 20% off.
Bombay Sapphire Sunset:
Was £25, now £20.79
As if the Bombay Safire bottle wasn’t lovely enough! This limited edition of the famous gin has its own unique label - and twist on its botanicals which make a lovely long drink. Grab a bottle on Amazon.
Was £35.95, now £26
This gin has become a favourite thanks to its robust flavours and thoroughly decent ABV of 43.3%. It packs in botanicals such as orange peel cardamom and coriander, makes a mean Christmas cocktail and the bottle is pretty cool. There’s 28% off a 70cl bottle now at Amazon.
Tarquin's Cornish Dry Gin: Was
£37, now £31.99
Tarquin's Cornish dry gin is a wonderful drink and it's unique because it uses botanicals from the beautiful Cornish coast, including violets which give this gin a twist all of its own. Amazon have knocked 14% off the RRP.
Tanqueray London Gin: Was
£29, now £22
An excellent pour for £22 is not to be sniffed at, especially when it carries the Tanqueray name. It’s flavour is boosted by the fact it’s bottled at 43.1% ABV and should be a staple on your bar. Buy from Amazon with 24% off.
Cotswolds whisky: Was
£45, now £40.50
There are so many great English single malts out there that picking a favourite is pretty hard but the stuff coming out of Cotswolds distillery is right up there. This is their standard core release and it’s a top drop. Don’t go sleeping on English whisky - it’s worth a deep dive. Save 10% at Amazon.
Wild Turkey 101: Was
£42.34, now £24.98
The ever-dependable Wild Turkey 101 is a solid, inexpensive bourbon that punches above its price tag thank to it coming in at 50.5% ABV. Great neat, over ice or in a cocktail. With 40% off at Amazon, this is an unmissable deal.
Kraken spiced rum: Was
£35 now £31.43
Kraken has been a hugely popular addition to the rum market since its launch in 2010. Yes, it's OK neat but where it really shines is in a cocktail - and we love the bottle shape. There's a nice saving on Amazon on the 1 litre bottle.
Crystal Head Pride:
Was £51.25, now £41.99
A limited edition bottling of Crystal Head vodka comes in the rainbow Pride bottle. Even once the liquid has been drained, you’ll not want to recycle this bottle. Awesome! Buy it with 18% off at Amazon.
Canti Prosecco 6 bottles:
Was £59, now 44.19
Six bottles of Prosecco for less than 45 notes is a pretty good deal - and it’s the perfect time to stock up with the Christmas party season on the horizon. 25% off? Aye, that’ll do me!
When do the Black Friday alcohol deals start?
Black Friday takes place the day after Thanksgiving and that means this year it'll take place on November 24. That's the day when you can expect to see the majority of Black Friday alcohol deals begin to pour in. We're publishing all the best Black Friday alcohol deals on this page and expect the deals to continue right the way through the Black Friday weekend and into Cyber Monday on November 27.
What alcohol deals will I expect to see?
After covering Black Friday for a number of years and looking at the deals currently available, we're likely to see more bargains from the likes of Clynelish, Bunnahbhain, Jura, Deanston, Johnnie Walker, Hinch, Green Spot, Woodford, Jack Daniel's, Wild Turkey, Kraken, El Dorado, Dead Man's Fingers, Hendrick's, Gordon's and more.
BrewDog usually have offers on beer at the end of November on both sides of the Atlantic, while whisky lovers should keep their eye on The Whisky Exchange because they always have a special Black Friday bottle that usually goes on sale at 6am BST on Black Friday itself. It's always kept under wraps until it's available to buy and all of them so far have been excellent drams. Well worth getting up early for.
How to prepare
1. Make a list: I'll be buying a few bottles around the Black Friday sales, so I've already started a list of stuff that I want to see reduced in price. Several online alcohol retailers let you create a wish list and I've always used this to mark bottles I'd like to get at some point in the future. Given batch releases and single casks, not everything will still be available in a few months time, but with my Black Friday list, I've decided to keep a more general selection to see if prices drop. It's also a great way to instantly see how much you could save.
2. Set a budget: Despite the instinct to instantly add a bottle or two to your shopping basket, it's worth holding back to make sure that whatever you buy is within your budget. I find that with so many products available at reduced prices on Black Friday, it can be easy to lose track. I tend to put a small amount of money aside in the months leading up to the sales and when they arrive, I know exactly how much I can afford to spend. This also focuses my buying decisions and makes the whole experience easier to manage. Also check the shipping costs involved.
3. Shop around: At the top of this page, you'll find a number of quick links that take you straight to an online retailer. No matter what you're buying, some sites will have better prices, so it's worthwhile exploring a variety of sites before spending your cash. We'll also be posting the best deals right here so you don't miss a beat on Black Friday.
How we choose products
The Louder team will always bring you bargains we think are worth your time and we won't be punting any old bottle your way. We know the good quality alcohol products from the not to good and our eyes are always on products that excite us - and bottles we think will excite you too.
Why you can trust us
The staff involved in this guide to the best Black Friday alcohol deals are enthusiastic about the taste and smell of spirits, beer and wine, and have years of experience through attending whisky festivals, private tastings and club events. We've also made YouTube appearances on the subject of alcohol and one of us regularly takes part in a whisky-based podcast.
We'll give you good advice and great deals on products we'll be buying ourselves and avoiding run-of-the-mill stuff that won't give you proper bang for your buck.
Last year's highlights
Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban: Was
£64.29, now £45
Glenmorangie’s whisky had a rebrand last year which is still splitting opinion. Thankfully, the bottle contents remain magic - and this is one of their best-loved. Matured in a mixture of ex-bourbon and port casks, this is a decadent and tasty drop and was on sale through Amazon.
Isle Of Raasay: Was
£60.95, now £51.80
Isle Of Raasay are one of Scotland’s newer distilleries and are doing amazing things. This is lightly peated spirit but there’s added complexity from the use of rye whiskey, fresh Chinkapin and first-fill Bordeaux red wine casks. The bottle is possibly the best in whisky too. You could grab it at Amazon last year with a nice discount.
The Botanist Islay Gin: Was
£37, now £27.99
If you’re looking for something a little different, give this gin a whirl. Distilled at the famous Bruichladdich distillery on Islay (better known for its excellent whisky), The Botanist uses 22 botanicals from the island which results in a truly unique gin. You could buy this on sale from Amazon last November.
More Black Friday content
- Black Friday music deals: Everything you need to know
- Black Friday vinyl deals: Prepare to spin a box set bargain
- Black Friday record player deals: Get up to speed on this year's deals
- Black Friday headphones deals: What to expect this Black Friday
- Black Friday Marshall deals: Get ready for speakers and headphones deals
- Black Friday camping deals: Prepare for next year's festival season
- Black Friday streaming deals: Full stream ahead for Black Friday