Black Friday might seem an age away, but time flies and those big Black Friday music deals will be with us before we know it - so ahead of the massive sales weekend, we’ve got everything you need to get you prepared.
Here at Louder, we’ve been covering all the biggest and best Black Friday music deals for a number of years and we keep an eye on the latest prices so we can provide you with genuine bargains when they crop up. We also review everything from headphones and speakers to earplugs and turntables so we can give you the best advice on what’s worth your hard-earned cash.
If this is your first Black Friday, here's a quick lowdown on what it's all about: Black Friday is an annual sales event that always takes place the day after Thanksgiving in November. It was once predominately an American-only shopping extravaganza, but as soon as online retailers began to get a foothold in the marketplace, Black Friday quickly expanded to all corners of the globe. As a result, it’s a great time to get a great deal on a wide selection of products.
While the official Black Friday music deals won't come into play until the end of November, in previous years we’ve noticed price reductions starting to come in way before then - so keep this page bookmarked because we’ll be highlighting all the best bargains.
US quick links
- Walmart | Top deals on tech and more
- Amazon (US) | All the deals in one handy place
- Best Buy | Sales on headphones, video games and more
- Bose | Discounts on headphones, speakers and more
- Converse | Footwear and merch
- Guitar Center | Savings on instruments, amps and more
- Marshall | Marshall headphones and Bluetooth speakes
- Nixon | Home of the Metallica, Grateful Dead and Rolling Stones watch
- Sweetwater | Musical instruments deals
- Musician's Friend | Save big on essential items for musicians
- Target | Explore savings on practically everything
UK quick links
- Amazon (UK) | Shop the latest deals at Amazon
- Andertons | Massive savings on guitars, amps and effects
- AO | Turntables, tablets and tech
- Argos | Tech and toys for less
- Bose | Check out headphones, speakers from Bose
- Converse | Money off fan favourites
- Currys | Price drops on top tech
- EMP | Rock and metal merch
- Etsy | Collectibles and hand-made gifts
- Firebox | Great gifts and more
- HHV | Save cash on loads of vinyl
- I Want One Of Those.com | Lego, gifts, cool tech and more
- John Lewis | Shop all the latest offers
- Marshall | Explore speaker and headphones offers
- Nixon | Home of the Metallica, Grateful Dead and Rolling Stones watch
- Thomann | Hot deals on big-name music gear brands
- Townsend Music | Records, t-shirts and more
- Very.co.uk | Savings on headphones, TVs, tablets and more
Even this far out from the main event, we’ve started to see some awesome deals which we’ve highlighted below - and there will be loads more to come as Black Friday approaches.
Sony WH-1000XM5: Were
$399, now $348
Sony’s latest over-ear headphones are on sale right now at Amazon. Not only do they offer fabulous sound, but their noise cancelling is best in class. Battery life weighs in at up to 30 hours and they’re lightweight enough for long listening sessions.
JBL Flip 5: Was
$129.95, now $89.95
There’s 31% off the RRP of the JBL Flip 5 portable Bluetooth speaker right now on Amazon US. It comes in a wide variety of colours, delivers brilliant sound thanks to its 20W output and it’s waterproof, so perfect for outdoor use.
Black Friday music deals FAQ
When do the Black Friday music deals start?
This year’s Black Friday will take place on Friday, November 24 - the traditional sales day following Thanksgiving in the US. However, if the last few years are anything to go by, the Black Friday music deals will actually start to come in long before that, with online retailers jostling for your attention by reducing the price on a whole load of products from around mid-October.
It’s also worth noting that the music deals won’t come to a sudden stop at midnight on Black Friday, as the sales will continue right through the weekend and into Cyber Monday on November 27. In recent years, we’ve also noticed many top music deals remaining beyond then and in the run-up to Christmas.
What deals should I expect to see?
In previous years online retailers have been getting in on the Black Friday action early and we’ve spotted some top quality deals on products from some of the biggest brands in music, including Sony, Marshall, Audio-Technica, Bose, JBL, Apple, Amazon and more. We expect those names and more to come to the fore once again.
We’re keen to spot what headphones go on sale, and we’re even hoping to see some of our favourite budget headphones get further price cuts to become even more appealing. For example, last year we saw the neat Samsung Galaxy buds slashed to below the $70 mark, while a number of Marshall speakers were also knocked down in price big time in both the US and UK, including power hitters like the Acton II.
There's also sure to be some great booze bargains, two-for-one deals, savings on Lego kits and band merch, money off music biographies, reduced prices on TV and music streaming services, iPads, laptops, TVs and more.
We’ll have our bargain snipers locked on target to bring you the biggest and best Black Friday music deals.
How to prepare
Once the floodgates open on the Black Friday music deals, previous experience tells us that a little bit of planning goes a long way in helping to secure a cracking bargain - and helps keep your head above the waves as the deals flood in.
1. Make notes: First off, make a note of the products you’re interested in and mark down their current price. This will let you see at a glance how much of a saving there is on a product you really want. Amazon’s list function really come into its own here as you can create individual folders to keep everything neat and tidy. I already have a ‘Black Friday’ list on the go, with the Sony WH-1000XM5 headphones taking pride of place at the top as I really want to get a pair for a good price this year. Fingers crossed!
2. Decide your budget: It’s easy to be tempted to dive right into a great deal when you see it, but keep your budget in mind before flinging your chosen product into the basket. You don’t want to overpay for something you might find cheaper elsewhere. Here at Louder, we’ll be keeping our eyes peeled for awesome deals across the internet and posting them right here for you to see.
3. Sell older products in advance: If you’ve got your heart set on on upgrading a bit of kit such as a turntable or Bluetooth speaker, selling your older model before the Black Friday music deals kick in could net you a decent chunk of change to spend on that shiny new bit of tech when the sales get under way.
4. Sign up to retailers’ mailing lists: One of the quickest ways to get a heads up about what’s going on sale or when the savings are due to begin is to sign up to an online retailer's mailing list. Getting this info early could steer you in the right direction of a top deal on a product you really want quickly. Sure, constant emails after the event can get a bit annoying, but you can always unsubscribe at any time you want. Also, keep this page bookmarked and check back regularly, as we’ll be on top of all the best Black Friday music deals.
How we choose products
We’ve reviewed many music products here at Louder over the years, with our team of experts and enthusiasts covering everything from headphones, speakers and turntables, to earplugs, books and smartphones. That’s given us a broad overview of what’s going on across the musical landscape and allows us to compare and contrast products and pick out items that excite us and things we think you’ll like too. That means there's no room for tinny-sounding headphones or speakers that don’t cut the mustard.
Why you can trust our picks
Here at Louder, we’ve been covering big sales events including Black Friday and Amazon Prime Day for a number of years and have also created a wide range of buyer’s guides and product reviews. We dig deep into the essential specs of a product and also give hands-on information about how it performs, how easy it is to use and if it’s good value for money.
We test headphones, speakers and record players in a real-world environment - our living rooms or out on the streets as we feel this gives a more genuine insight into how you’ll be using the product. If we’re recommending a pair of earplugs for musicians, we test those either in the studio or up on stage to give accurate information.
We also give pros and cons for products in our buyer’s guides, while all our reviews always feature a couple of alternative options to give you as much choice as possible when it comes to choosing something that's going to be right for you.
Last year's highlights
Last year's Black Friday brought a massive range of sales for music fans - and we saw prices slashed on everything from turntables and record players, to booze and collectables. Here are some of last year's Black Friday highlights in both the US and UK.
Marshall Uxbridge: Was
$219.99, now $149.99
The Marshall Uxbridge Bluetooth speaker sounds amazing and it also has Amazon Alexa functionality built in, so you can control your music with the power of your voice. Alexa also turns the speaker into your one-stop-shop for news reports, sports scores and more. There was 32% off the RRP at Amazon last year.
Nirvana Nevermind super deluxe:
$259.80, now $163
Amazon cut the price by $90 for Black Friday last year. This super deluxe edition was released to mark the record's 30th anniversary and is pressed on180g vinyl and spread across 8LP. It also contains the Endless, Nameless 7-inch single. Studio tracks, live cuts and more - it’s the ultimate tribute to the grunge kings.
Philips PerfectDraft Pro bundle: Was
£419, now £278
The PerfectDraft from Philips guarantees you a chilled pour of your favourite beer or cider every time - and last year at Beerhawk (now called PerfectDraft) you could grab a PerfectDraft Pro Stella Artois Starter Bundle - a price drop of £140 from its usual price.
More Black Friday content
- Black Friday vinyl deals: Prepare to spin a box set bargain
- Black Friday speaker deals: Wireless, smart and hi-fi bargains
- Black Friday record player deals: Get up to speed on this year's deals
- Black Friday headphones deals: What to expect this Black Friday
- Black Friday alcohol deals: Get ready to find a perfect pour
- Black Friday Marshall deals: Get ready for speakers and headphones deals
- Black Friday camping deals: Prepare for next year's festival season
- Black Friday streaming deals: Full stream ahead for Black Friday