Look alive, record collectors: the people over at Amazon have launched an extremely decent vinyl deal for July 2018 which allows you to pick up two premium records for a tidy £30 price tag. With a fair few of the titles coming in at around £25 a pop, there's hefty savings to be made. Even better – there's heaps of rock and metal titles included in the offer.
There's the absolute, no-two-ways-to-slice-it classic of AC/DC's Back In Black, which our 2017 review noted as "The biggest-selling album of AC/DC’s career, and the second-biggest-selling ever (after Michael Jackson’s Thriller), Back In Black is the mother of all comeback records and arguably the greatest hard rock album of all time". Truly, which self-respecting rock fan's collection is complete without it?
Elsewhere, we have Rage Against The Machine's ground-breaking self-titled album, on which we said: "Even a quarter of a century after it exploded like a car bomb under the hood of mainstream culture, that record has lost none of its power, impact or provocative fervour. It was the sound of Public Enemy yoked to Black Flag, of Dr Martin Luther King and Malcolm X set to a soundtrack of cutting-edge metal."
A whole host of heavy metal legends' Judas Priest's back catalogue is also available, including 1982 classic Screaming For Vengeance, on which we said: "If there’s a harder hitting one-two opening shot than The Hellion and Electric Eye, we haven’t heard it, and from that point onward, it’s metal mastery all the way. Riding On The Wind is simply pure energy, a ‘surging rush of power’ that bleeds blackly into Bloodstone’s tale of dark conspiracy."
You can check out the full list of deals now – but we've also listed the best rock, metal, prog and blues choices below. We'll be updating this list on the first day of every month, when Amazon update their offer, so make sure to keep checking back for the very best in vinyl record deals.
- AC/DC - Back In Black
- AC/DC - Highway To Hell
- ARCADEA - Arcadea
- Arcade Fire - Funeral
- Bob Dylan - Bob Dylan's Greatest Hits
- Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited
- Bob Dylan - The Times They Are A Changin'
- Boston - Boston
- Bullet For My Valentine - Venom (Deluxe Edition)
- Editors - Violence
- Electric Light Orchestra - All Over The World: The Very Best Of Electric Light Orchestra
- Enter Shikari - Live at Alexandra Palace
- Enter Shikari - The Spark
- Iron Monkey - 9-13
- Jeff Lynne's ELO - Alone In The Universe
- Joe Bonamassa - So, It's Like That
- Johnny Cash - I Walk The Line
- Judas Priest - British Steel
- Judas Priest - Painkiller
- Judas Priest - Screaming For Vengeance
- Lou Reed - Transformer
- Meat Loaf - Bat Out Of Hell
- Patti Smith - Horses
- Paul Simon - Graceland
- Primal Scream - Screamadelica
- Public Service Broadcasting - Every Valley
- Rage Against The Machine - Rage Against The Machine
- Reigning Days - Eclipse
- Rews - Pyro
- Ron Gallo - Heavy Meta
- Ron Gallo - Really Nice Guys
- Roy Orbison - The Ultimate Collection
- Róisín Murphy - Take Her Up To Monto
- Santana - Greatest Hits (1974)
- Supersonic Blues Machine - Californisoul
- The Devil Makes Three - I'm A Stranger Here
- The Devil Makes Three - Redemption and Ruin
- The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses
- The Vaccines - English Graffiti
- Windhand/Satan's Satyrs - Split