The Rolling Stones have made a short snippet of their cover of Little Walter’s Hate To See You Go available to stream.
It’s taken from the group’s upcoming blues covers album Blue & Lonesome, due for release on December 2 via Polydor Records. It’s their first studio album since 2005’s A Bigger Bang.
It was recorded over three days in London in December 2015 at British Grove Studios and was played live in the studio without overdubs. Recording was overseen by longtime Stones producer Don Was.
The Stones previously revealed a short clip of their take on Little Walter track Just Your Fool.
Was says: “This album is manifest testament to the purity of their love for making music, and the blues is, for the Stones, the fountainhead of everything they do.”
Blue & Lonesome also features covers of songs by artists including Jimmy Reed, Willie Dixon, Eddie Taylor, Little Walter and Howlin’ Wolf.
Guitarist Eric Clapton and percussionist Jim Keltner guest on the album.
Earlier this year, Stones guitarist Keith Richards said the new album was “in the can” but warned fans that it might be a “surprise” to some people.
The Rolling Stones will also launch a live package titled Havana Moon on November 11. It was recorded at their free show in Cuba in March this year, and was performed in front of an estimated 1.2 million fans.
- Dave Grohl helped Jane’s Addiction get Rock Hall nomination
- Alter Bridge describe genesis of new track Losing Patience
- Why the World is right to fall in love with Phil Collins again
- The Top 10 Best Rolling Stones Blues Songs
Rolling Stones Blue & Lonesome tracklist
- Just Your Fool (Little Walter)
- Commit A Crime (Howlin’ Wolf)
- Blue And Lonesome (Little Walter)
- All Of Your Love (Magic Sam)
- I Gotta Go (Little Walter)
- Everybody Knows About My Good Thing
- (Little Johnny Taylor)
- Ride ‘Em On Down (Eddie Taylor)
- Hate To See You Go (Little Walter)
- Hoo Doo Blues (Lightnin’ Slim)
- Little Rain (Jimmy Reed)
- Just Like I Treat You (Willie Dixon)
- I Can’t Quit You Baby (Willie Dixon)