Legendary UK prog rockers Caravan have announce they will release a massive 37-disc deluxe box set in August. You can watch a video trailer for the new release below.
Who Do We Think We Are?, which has been put together with the band's full co-operation, is the ultimate celebration of the Canterbury band and will be released through Madfish Records on August 20.
The set runs to a staggering 37 discs, including all the official Caravan albums – studio and live recordings among them – are joined by eleven discs of previously unreleased live performances. A Blu-ray includes Steven Wilson’s 5.1 surround sound mix of the classic In the Land of Grey and Pink album. In addition, a DVD includes vintage European TV performances from 1971 – 1981 (London Marquee, German TV’s Swing In, Bataclan, Paris & French TV show 'Pop 2').
The lavish packaging of the set reflects the band’s stature. A hardback coffee table book features rare Caravan photos and memorabilia, and a full discography. A second Fan Club book assembles historic press articles from across the band’s career, alongside a new interview with founder member Pye Hastings.
Every copy of the box includes photos signed by the three surviving members of the original Caravan line-up: Pye Hastings, Richard Sinclair and David Sinclair. The celebration continues with a selection of memorabilia: a Caravan-centric map of Canterbury; a specially commissioned Caravan family tree poster, charting their long and circuitous progress; and two replica 1970s gig posters.
The full contents are as follows:
- 16 Newly remastered studio albums and four official live albums
- 11 discs of previously unreleased concert recordings on Blu-ray for the first time
- 48/24 stereo and 5.1 mix by Steven Wilson of In The Land Of Grey And Pink
- DVD including rare footage from The Marquee 1971, Rock En Stock 1972, Bataclan 1973 and French TV Performance 1981
- Individually signed photo by the three surviving members Pye Hastings, Dave Sinclair, and Richard Sinclair
- 144 page hardback coffee table book featuring rare photographs and memorabilia
- A4 fan club mini book featuring archive articles and an up-to-date interview with Pye Hastings
- A4 replica tour programme for Blind Dog At St Dunstans
- For Girls That Grow Plump In The Night replica press pack
- Caravan’s Trip Down Memory Lain map of Canterbury
- Illustrated family tree
- Two Replica Posters