With Deep Purple preparing to release their new studio album Whoosh! on August 7, drummer Ian Paice has given fans a taste of what they can expect when they get their hands on the box set.
The band have uploaded a video clip showing Paice sharing and talking about the contents, which includes a t-shirt, art prints and more.
The follow-up to 2017’s InFinite was originally meant to be released in June through earMUSIC, but the decision was made to push back its launch date because of disruption to distribution lines due to the pandemic.
Meanwhile, Deep Purple are the cover stars of the new issue of Classic Rock magazine, which is on sale now (opens in new tab).
In issue 278, we chat to Paice, Ian Gillan, Roger Glover, Steve Morse and Don Airey about Whoosh!, life in and out of Purple then and now, and what lies ahead.
The new issue of Classic Rock magazine also features Genesis, Mark Lanegan, Massive Wagons, Celisse and more, while the cover CD is an official Deep Purple EP featuring Throw My Bones (opens in new tab) from new album plus two rare live tracks.
The EP comes with all subscriber copies – both UK and international – plus those issues purchased from UK newsstands and ordered online.
* Copies of the new issue of Classic Rock can be purchased online from MyFavouriteMagazines (opens in new tab).
* Classic Rock is on sale in the UK in shops as they reopen such as supermarkets and newsagents (opens in new tab), although delays are possible as stores prioritise the delivery of different lines of stock.
* An easy option is to go digital. You can subscribe digitally from just £2.19 an issue (opens in new tab). Individual issues and subscriptions are also from the Apple Store (opens in new tab), Zinio (opens in new tab), Readly (opens in new tab), Press Reader (opens in new tab) and Pocketmags (opens in new tab).
* Save money by buying a physical subscription. UK and overseas subscriptions are available (opens in new tab) - you can also subscribe below.
* The postal service is working, although delays are possible.
* For overseas subscribers whose issues have been delayed by COVID-related restrictions on freight, stockpiled issues will begin to be despatched this week.
Deep Purple: Whoosh! (opens in new tab)
Deep Purple will return with their new album Whoosh! in August. It'll be the follow-up to 2017's InFinite and include the lead singles Throw My Bones and Man Alive.
Deep Purple: Whoosh!
1. Throw My Bones
2. Drop The Weapon
3. We're All The Same In The Dark
4. Nothing At All
5. No Need To Shout
6. Step By Step
7. What The What
8. The Long Way Round
9. The Power Of The Moon
10. Remission Possible
11. Man Alive
12. And The Address
13. Dancing In My Sleep