In this month's issue of Classic Rock magazine we pay tribute to the great Meat Loaf, a man whose epic brand of rock transcended generations.
We’re also delighted to have an exclusive sit-down with the Red Hot Chili Peppers, newly reunited with their mercurial guitarist John Frusciante; we hang out with the Scorpions and ask them if they’re secretly CIA agents; grill Billy Idol in The Classic Rock Interview; chat with Biff about the return of the unstoppable Saxon; and so much more. Full details below.
The new issue of Classic Rock is on sale now.
Red Hot Chili Peppers
With guitarist John Frusciante and Midas-touch producer Rick Rubin back on board, have they rediscovered their hot streak?
How British metal veterans Saxon are still enjoying a late-career purple patch.
Those in the studio recall the making of George Harrison’s masterpiece solo album All Things Must Pass.
We look back at the life and music of the late, great Marvin Lee Aday.
From punk to MTV darling and beyond, he’s certainly lived a life. Read all about it in the Classic Rock Interview.
Scorpions are preparing to release their nineteenth studio album – more than a decade after their farewell tour.
Raised in the church in Tennessee and Indiana, Goodbye June were inadvertently primed for a life of rock’n’roll.
Q&A: Steve Hogarth
The Marillion frontman on their new album, being inspired by Jon Lord, and being star-struck meeting Peter Gabriel.
Six things you need to know about... Sabaton
War: what is it good for? Well, in the case of these Swedes at least, the inspiration for a lot of grandiose heavy metal and more.
Soundtrack Of My Life: Rosalie Cunningham
Singer-songwriter Rosalie Cunningham on the records, artists and gigs that are of lasting significance to her.
Also in this issue
Skunk Anansie, Johnossi, Kissin’ Dynamite, Danny Bryant, Voivod, Dan Patlansky, Kris Barras and more.
Plus the biggest rock reviews section on the planet
Marillion, John Mellencamp, Superchunk, Ghost, Stereophonics, Napalm Death, Voivod, Bryan Adams, Tom Morello, Korn, The Hellacopters, Steve Vai, Midlake, FM, Billy Talent, Feeder, Von Hertzen Brothers, Placebo, Kiss, Roaslie Cunningham, Loop, Kris Barras Band, 3 Colours Red, Deep Purple, Spirit, Wings, Keith Richards, Hawkwind, Cat Stevens, Tame Impala, Lemonheads, Saxon, Idles, Stranglers and many more.
* Copies of the new issue of Classic Rock can be purchased online from Magazines Direct.
* Classic Rock is on sale in the UK in shops such as supermarkets and newsagents, although delays are possible as stores prioritise the delivery of different lines of stock.
* In North America, Classic Rock is available is branches of Barnes & Noble and Books-A-Million, although new issues do not go on sale until a couple of weeks after they're published in The UK.
* An easy option is to go digital. You can subscribe digitally from just £2.61 an issue. Individual issues and subscriptions are also from the Apple Store, Zinio, Readly, Press Reader and Pocketmags.
* Save money by buying a physical subscription. UK and overseas subscriptions are available.